Red Hawk Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Executive and Regular Meetings

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Village Inn Restaurant, Castle Rock

download this page 61k pdf

ATTENDEES: Directors Michael Freilinger, Lisa Goodwin, Walt Figel, Bryan Lieungh, Mike Schroder; Debra Pearson, Architectural Review; Dave Littler, Property Manager, Peak to Peak Property Management.

OTHERS PRESENT: Michelle Freilinger, James Farrell, David Long,


MEETING AGENDA: See attached.

EXECUTIVE SESSION: The Board of Directors meet in Executive Session in August.


The general meeting was called to order at 6:02 pm


Resident David Long was present to be heard before the Board. Mr. Long presented an ARR request for the completion of exterior/landscaping work to his home. Mr. Long asked about the process to move his fence as it is currently supporting his deck and should be along the property line, approximately five feet back. Mr. Long also reported that he would be doing some interior work


The Annual Meeting was held in May; the Minutes for this meeting will be approved at the Annual Meeting in 2019.

No Board meeting was held in June or July 2018.

Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved the April 2018 minutes as presented.


Mr. Littler presented the June/July 2018 financial report. The Board discussed several categories on the budget.

Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board approved the June/July 2018 Financial report as presented.

V. 1497 Bent Grass Violation Hearing request
This item has already been resolved and no further action or discussion was taken by the Board on this issue

VI. Management Report Discussion

Mr. Littler reported the following:
• from July and August there were 8 HOA status letters for home sales.
• We recently closed 33 violations from July; several were landscaping issues.
• Five trees were planted on RH drive as a capital improvement expense. All of the dead bushes at the front monument have been replaced.
• We do have a light bulb issue in the “A” in the Red Hawk monument. The Board discussed the use of LED lights. The Board agreed to request a bid on replacing all of the lights with LED.

VII. Old Business

A. ARR Report

Ms. Pearson presented her current ARR report and reported there were two tree removals from the front yard. In compliance with the Town of Castle Rock rules in regard to front landscape maintenance, we require that a tree that is removed from the front yard must be replaced.

B. Violations

Mr. Littler reported on several current violations.

C. Collections

Directo Figel provided a report on current collection activities.


A. Dead Shrub replacement

Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved the transfer of $4,523.76 from working capital into the operating expense account for the purpose of dead shrub replacement.

B. Reseeding/Water Bill

Mr. Littler reported the water bill from June was due to a leak or multiple leaks in one of the irrigation zones, however as of July the water bill is back to budget. THis item was discussed by the Board during the financial report.

C. Pet Scoop Trash Can Bid

The Board discussed the condition of the current pet stations and agreed to replace a station that is in disrepair.

D. Loan from Reserves to meet Operating Expenses

Upon motion duly made and seconded the Board approved to loan the operating account the amount of $20,000.00 from the Reserve Fun in order to meet operating expenses anticipated for August and September.

Additional Items Presented

Director Figel reported the wire fence at a home on Surlyn Court is not approved per our covenants. The Board directed Mr. Littler to send a letter to the resident that the fence must be replaced per the HOA requirements or removed.

Director Figel reported that a resident has painted their deck and fence white. The Board directed Mr. Littler to send a letter to the resident that the issue needs to be addressed.

Director Freilinger reported that there is no handrail on steps located on open space and suggested that a handrail be installed for safety reasons. Director Figel reported that he would contact our fence contractor for a bid to do the handrail.

Director Freilinger reported that the web site needs to be updated with the correct Board terms for our new Board directors.

Director Schroder reported his email account is no longer active. Director Figel reported he would work with Network Solutions to remedy the issue.

Director Freilinger asked that the website be updated with all of the amendments and revisions to our governing documents.

Director Figel reported he has 11 motions regarding unpaid assessments to have these accounts sent to the attorney.

Upon motion duly made and seconded the Board approved the 11 motions as presented to send the accounts in arrears to the Attorney to begin the collection process.

Director Figel reported a homeowner that transferred his property to a relative has requested that his relative/the new homeowner not be charged the required transfer fee as per Red Hawk’s governing documents.

Upon motion duly made and seconded the Board denied the request for relief from the required property transfer fees.


The next Board meeting is scheduled for September 20, 2018, 6 pm at Village Inn Restaurant.


Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved to adjourn the August 2018 Board of Directors Meeting at 7:59 pm.

Respectfully Submitted by Board Director, Secretary, Lisa Goodwin


Webmaster | Site Map | Copyright © 2009-2019 Peak to Peak Property Management LLC