Minutes

Red Hawk Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Executive and Regular Meetings

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Village Inn Restaurant, Castle Rock

download this page 109k pdf

ATTENDEES:  Directors Jim Young, President; Ralph Jollensten, Vice President; Lisa Goodwin, Secretary; Don Van Dyken, Member at Large; Walt Figel, Treasurer.  Debra Pearson, Architectural Committee Chair. Dave Littler, Property Manager, Peak to Peak Property Management.

OTHERS PRESENT:  N/A

EXCUSED:  Regis Hoffman, Landscape Commitee Chair.

MEETING AGENDA:  See attached.

EXECUTIVE SESSION:  The Board of Directors meet in executive session during the month October and discussed

I.  CALL TO ORDER / MODIFICATION OF AGENDA

The general meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm

II.  INTRODUCTION OF GUESTS, OPEN FORUM

There were no guests present before the Board.

III.  SEPTEMBER  2016 MEETING MINUTES

The minutes for September will be forwarded by Mr. Littler to the Board via email and to be reviewed and approved by the Board through and email vote.

The Board requested that the Management Report presentation be included on the agenda.

Management Report Discussion

Regarding the Management Report, the Board discussed the activity items listed for the month of October. 

Mr. Littler reported the new contract with Haulaway includes a slightly higher per house charge than the previous year.  However, if we lock in for a particular time period we get a reduced price increase per year.  The Board agreed that Haulaway has provided good service and customer service to our community.

MOTION
Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved the agreement with Haulaway Trash removal services as presented.

Regarding the issue of dogs off leash and the enforcement of this issue.  Director Jollensten suggested the dog waste stations have a small sign posted on them that states the leash law for Castle Rock.  Mr. Littler suggested adding a sign that owners must also pick up after their pet.  Mr. Littler stated he would review the correct wording, determine the cost, and report back at the next Board meeting.

Director Figel stated he would prepare a policy statement as a resolution to amend our Rules and Regulations to comply with Castle Rock's ordinance regarding pets off leash.

IV.  FINANCIAL REPORT: September 2016

Mr. Littler presented the September financial report. 

  1. Regarding Accounts Receivable: a manual count of A/R accounts in arrears was tallied for a total of 67 out of 433.  15% of all homes have not paid October's assessments.  These homeowners will be sent a letter.  All owners in arrears beyond one quarter's assessments have also been sent a letter. Director Figel to work with Mr. Littler to create a spreadsheet to detail all accounts that are in arrears and/or on a payment plan.
  2. Irrigation expense is complete for the year however our contractor will do some winter watering for us.  Mr. Littler suggested we may need to restart the sprinkler system if it continues to be hot and dry in order to protect our trees.
  3. The budget for Backflow testing needs to be re-budgeted for 2017.

The Board requested Mr. Littler review all of the small A/R balances that are on the A/R report and report back to the Board next month.

MOTION
Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board approved the September 2016 Financial report as presented.

V.  Old Business

A. ARR Report

Ms. Pearson provided a summary of the ARR report.  Ms. Pearson reported the following:

  1. There is one homeowner that continues to delay doing their required painting improvements as they are attempting to do it themselves.  They have been given an extension until the middle of November after which they will receive a fine.
  2. Another homeowner is waiting for the check from their mortgage company for the required painting due to hail damage.  The Board agreed to allow the homeowner an extension until the end of November.

The Board recognized the hard work and excellent reporting done by Ms. Pearson regarding Architectural Review Requests and corresponding follow up.

Ms. Pearson provided a handout to Board indicating how many homes have selected from each of the approved color schemes.  The Board discussed removing colors 13-4 and 13-23 from the color options. 

The Board discussed a home with an excessive amounts of weeds and the homeowner’s request to install fencing.

The Board discussed Homeowners that have fire pits, chimineas and other open burning devices.  It was determined that if a homeowner has a concern about an open fire at a neighboring home they should call the fire department as the HOA's rules and regulations do not prohibit open burning, however all homeowners must comply with Douglas County's current fire prohibitions. 

B.  Violations

Regarding violations, Mr. Littler provided the Board with a detailed community compliance report by home. 

Stage 1 - A warning letter is sent to the homeowner.
Stage 2 - A letter indicating there will be a fine if there is no compliance.
Stage 3 - A $25 fine is assessed.
Stage 4 - A $50 fine is assessed.
Stage 5 - A $100 fine is assessed.

Director Van Dyken requested the Board take action regarding his proposal to enforce signage on vehicles within the community.  Director Young stated it was his mistake in leaving it off of the agenda for this month.  The Board agreed to discuss this issue after the draft budget discussion and under "Additional Items for Discussion".

C.   Trail Head Update

We will be doing an expansion of the grass on the trail ahead on red hawk in the spring. 

VI. NEW BUSINESS

AHoliday Lights

The Board agreed that the holiday lights for the community are to be lit on the same night as the Starlighting event in Castle Rock – November 19.

B.  Management Agreement

Corrections to the management agreement were made as requested.

C.  Haul-Away Agreements (2)

This agenda item was discussed and approved earlier on the agenda.

D.  Transfer from Reserves $21,968.02 + $4,439.10

This item has been deferred to a later Board meeting.

E.  2017 Draft Budget Presentation
Added to the Agenda

Mr. Figel provided the Board with a draft 2017 budget and reviewed with the Board all of the individual expense accounts along with notes for adjustments made. The Board thanked Mr. Figel for his work in preparing the budget and for his thorough presentation of the 2017 draft budget. 

MOTION
Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board approved the 2107 draft budget as presented.

Additional Item(s) Presented for Discussion

Director Van Dyken presented his proposal to modify the HOA Design Guidelines regarding commercial signage on vehicles. The Board discussed the differences between what is or is not considered a commercial vehicle. A commercial vehicle to be considered as such must be at least 10,000 pounds in gross vehicle weight rating. 

The Board determined to hold an executive session the second week of November (date TBD) to discuss this issue further. 

IX. IMPORTANT MEETING DATES

The next Board meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2016, 6 pm at Village Inn Restaurant.

X. ADJOURNMENT

Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved to adjourn the October Board of Directors Meeting at 9:30 pm

Respectfully Submitted by Board Director, Secretary, Lisa Goodwin.

 

 

 

Webmaster | Site Map | Copyright © 2009-2017 Peak to Peak Property Management LLC