SUBJECT TO MEMBER APPROVAL
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. Board Members in attendance were Patricia Nohavec-Fink, Ralph Jollensten, Matt Hannigan, and Sharon Davis. In attendance from MSI, LLC were Laurie Leftwich and Brenda Tate.
MSI stated quorum was met with 67 homeowners represented in person and 182 represented by proxy.
Pat Nohavec-Fink introduced herself, the other Board members and the MSI staff.
PURPOSE OF MEETING
The purpose of the meeting was to elect three new Board Members and conduct the Annual meeting per the legal documents.
PROOF OF NOTICE
The proof of notice mailed to all owners in accordance with the Association's legal documents and was displayed to the attendees.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
The minutes from the Second Attempt Annual Meeting of June 20, 2012, were approved as written.
- Item: Fencing Update
- Discussion: Pat Nohavec-Fink provided and update on the privacy fencing guideline approval as approved by the Board of Directors. The Board as of this date May 30, 2013, rescinded their prior decision to allow privacy fences in the Design Guidelines. This decision was made by an email vote on May 30, 2013 based on feedback from the Red Hawk owners.
- Item: Haulaway Trash Removal Contract Update
- Discussion: Ralph Jollensten reviewed current trash collection policies and services provided by Haulaway.
- Item: Landscaping Update/Changes
- Discussion: Matt Hannigan reviewed common area landscaping projects including the addition of the new monument sign, trees, and boulders.
- Item: Community Party
- Discussion: Sharon Davis reviewed the current plans and dates for the community party. Sharon also asked for additional volunteers to help in the planning and stated that if the attendance is poor, the Board will review and decide whether to have another event.
- Item: John Anderson, Castle Rock Police
- Discussion: John Anderson spoke and answered questions concerning the sex offender registry and crime statistics in Castle Rock.
- Item: Election
- Discussion/Summary: It was noted that the terms of Pat Nahovek-Fink, Sharon Davis, and Bruce Burns were expiring with this meeting. There were five nominations from the floor and each candidate spoke about why they would like to volunteer to serve on the Board. Nominated candidates were, Chad Jensen, Walt Figel, Alfred Peterson, David Huish and James Young. After all ballots were counted Chad Jensen, Walt Figel, and Alfred Pearson were elected to the Board of Directors, each for a two year term that expire May 31, 2015.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Making changes to the Declaration